Working with OMB and SME clients in general practice has proved to be a rewarding career for many accountants, many of whom have gone on to carve successful careers as senior managers, directors and partners. If this is the career path you have in mind then this role would be an ideal choice.
The Accounts Senior will enjoy the opportunity to be involved in a broad variety of work. A mix of audit, financial accounts production, management reporting, tax affairs, ad hoc projects and other client directed advisory services. Plus, you’ll be working for a highly-regarded firm of accountants; one that is focused on the success and development of their clients and the career development of their staff.
As well as boosting your technical skills you'll learn some of the softer skills like client management and client development - essential skills in the armoury of today's accountant and vital for your future career progression.
What are we looking for?
A part qualified ACA or ACCA or qualified by experience Accounts Senior with a general accounts practice background who wants to make a difference to their clients and who want to take control of their career.
• Reporting to the Senior Management team providing a broad spectrum of services to the firm’s client portfolio
• Acting as a first point of contact to clients to advise on accounting and business matters
• Financial and management accounts production
• Ad hoc reporting for clients
• Personal and corporate taxation
• Acting as a senior member of the team - planning and executing day to day work
• Supervising staff and the delivery of their work
• Coaching and mentoring junior staff members and trainees
• Building your skills to progress towards management roles
Please apply with your CV in the first instance. I will review your application and invite you to the next stage of selection if you’re successful. Please do note that you will need an appropriate amount of recent, relevant experience of working for a professional accountancy firm. Experience gained from positions held in commercial or industrial businesses will unfortunately not be suitable on this occasion.
Not What You Were Looking For?
We don’t advertise all of our opportunities so if you would like to investigate alternatives please contact me. Rekroot (UK) Ltd is a specialist accountancy practice recruitment business. We cater for:
• Accounts, Audit, Business Assurance and Business Development
• Corporate, Personal, Indirect and Employment Taxes
• Corporate Finance and Transactional Services
• Business Restructuring, Corporate Recovery and Insolvency
• Outsourcing and Payroll Services
• IT Finance Systems
We look forward to working with you and being part of your success.